Whether you’re looking for gas, propane, or even hydrogen-powered generators, Winstar can help with the generator installation and maintenance of your new back-up generator.
Looking for a back-up generator for your Maryland home? In areas like ours where serious weather is a common occurrence, more and more families are choosing them.
Still on the fence about a generator installation? There are a number of reasons worth considering.
Popular reasons for getting a back-up generator
- Personal safety – From people whose lives depend on electronic medical equipment, a generator ensures a consistent flow of electricity at all times.
- Financial protection – Power outages in the winter can lead to frozen pipes, which when they burst, can damage your home. A generator can prevent those replacement costs.
- Peace of mind – Blackouts and power outages can be scary, especially in inclement weather. Having one is an ideal way to keep your family comfortable and safe.
Once you have one, you may feel like you’re set. Remember, though, that it’s advisable to check on them regularly.
How to keep your back-up generator in good shape
Caring for your back-up generator is an important part of making sure it performs when you need it most. After all, a well-cared for generator can last between 20 and 30 years.
- Let it run – Just like a car, it’s good to take it for a test run every once in a while. Try running it for 15 to 20 minutes, once a week, to keep it in good condition.
- Check the oil and coolant levels – A monthly check on the fluid levels is another quick way to keep your generator performing well. And remember to let your generator cool off for about 10 minutes before checking the oil levels.
- Get it inspected – Every 6 to 12 months, it’s important to have a technician stop by. Like taking your car for an oil change, this is a chance for a deeper look at all of the generator’s parts.
How Winstar’s generator installations give peace of mind
Our Winstar back-up generators have a number of impressive features. They kick in instantly during blackouts, they’re powerful enough to run HVAC systems, and they can prevent dangerous voltage fluctuations.
Ready to discuss investing in a home back-up generator? Or do you want to hear more about your options? We encourage you to contact Winstar for more information. We’ve been serving your Maryland neighbors for years; can’t wait to hear from you.